Course name: OMM for the Neck and Tension-Type Headache
Date: Wednesday February 3, 2021 7:00-8:30pm EST
Registration Link: https://ommeducation.com/product/virtual-course/
This live webinar is 90 minutes long and is worth a total of two 1A CME credits. You are required to attend this virtual class on February 3rd. Prior to the live class you will need to read a research article on OMT for tension-type headaches and then attend the live virtual class to obtain the full 2.0 CME credits available. If you are unable to attend we will send you a recording of the course, however this will be worth a total of two 1B CME credits, and you will be required to pass a test prior to earning the credit.
- Attendees will understand that OMT has research to support its effect in treating chronic tension-type headaches.
- Attendees will review functional anatomy of upper and lower cervical complex
- Attendees will understand the effect of myofascial tissues on tension-type headaches
- Attendees will understand the Still Technique’s effect on cervical somatic dysfunction
- Attendees will be introduced to self-myofascial release for the neck
* This course will involve the 90-minute live online class. Also, prior to the webinar attendees are required to read a research article: “Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy in Patients With Chronic Tension-Type Headache: A Pilot Study”. Please be prepared to share your thoughts on the article in order to demonstrate you read it to earn the full 2.0 CME 1A level credits. You can read this article by clicking this link: https://jaoa.org/article.aspx?articleid=2748603