Course name: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and Upper Extremity Dysfunctions 2.0 Level 1A CME Webinar
Date: Wednesday June 9, 2021 7:00-8:30PM EST
Registration Link: ommeducation.com/product/virtual-course
This live webinar is 90 minutes long and is worth a total of two 1A CME credits. You are required to attend this virtual class on June 9th. If you are unable to attend we will send you a recording of the course, however this will be worth a total of two 1B CME credits, and you will be required to pass a test prior to earning the credit.
- Review differential diagnosis for patient complaining of hand parasthesias.
- Review physical exam findings for thoracic outlet syndrome, epicondylitis and carpal tunnel syndrome specifically.
- Review OMM techniques to address/treat thoracic outlet syndrome, epicondylitis and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Educate stretches patient should do at home to help heal upper extremity somatic dysfunctions.
- All attendees will read prior to live webinar JAOA article: “Effectiveness of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: A Pilot Project”.
- Discussion on above article with the group having each attendee comment and give input.
- Discuss differential diagnosis for hand parasthesias and physical exam highlights to help isolate primary cause.
- Trish Murray, D.O. demonstrates OMM techniques to treat thoracic outlet syndrome, epicondylitis and carpal tunnel syndrome somatic dysfunctions with attendees interacting with questions as well as practicing with someone.
- Demonstration and participation in performing stretches for neck, chest, upper back and upper extremity that patients can be taught to do at home.
nutes of the webinar.
***Attendees will be given a full body list of skeletal locations and treatment instructions for strain-counterstrain points Dr. Murray has found to be most common and most effective in over 15 years of practicing OMM.
*** Attendees are required to watch a lecture on Strain-Counterstrain, this will be sent in an email after registering for this webinar.