OMM for the Neck and Thoracic Inlet
Including a Functional Medicine Approach to Pain
November 10-12, 2023
Family friendly event with opportunities for participation, free time, and activities.
Come experience a new form of CME in a destination tourist area with time allotted for experiencing some of what the area has to offer, movement classes as part of your CME credits and your spouse or other family members can participate as well. Family members can choose to sit in on Functional Medicine/Lifestyle lectures and if they are willing to have you and/or other students practice their OMM skills on them they can even participate in the lab/practice time of the program. There is a reduced cost for family to take the movement classes and sit in the lectures but they are welcome to participate in the program. This is a unique offer so that you don’t always need to come to a CME on your own or miss out on family interaction.
- Friday, November 10, 2023 3.5 Hours
□ Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics of the Cervical Spine & Philosophy & Principles. (2.0Hrs.)
□ Lab: Soft Tissue, Stlll Technique for Cervical Spine. (1.5Hr.)
- Saturday, November 11, 2023 7.5 Hours
□ Self-Myofascial Release Movement Class. (1.0Hr.)
□ Lecture: Functional Medicine Approach to Pain Treatment. (1.0Hr.)
□ Lecture: Functional Anatomy and Bfomechanlcs of-Thoracic Inlet. (.50Hr.)
□ Lab: Muscle Energy and HVLA Cervical Spine and Thoracic Inlet. (1.0Hr.)
□ Lecture: Fascia and Your Heafth. (1.0Hr.)
□ OMM Labs and Practice Cervical Spine: Counterstraln (2.0Hrs.)
□ Movement for Longevity Class. (1.0Hr.)
- Sunday, November 12, 2023 5.0 Hours
□ Yoga Class. (1.0Hr.}
□ Lecture: Foundational Functional Medicine Topics. (1.0 Hr.)
□ OMM Labs and Practice. (3.0Hrs.)
- Patricia E Murray, D.O,
- Dr. Patricia (Trish) Murray received her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree in 1999 from UNECOM. Prior to medical school she was a high school teacher for ten years. She completed an osteopathic internship in 2000 at UCONN, followed by a traditional internal medicine residency at UCONN. After residency she practiced primary care internal medicine along with Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine from 2003-2005, and then went on to become a specialist in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (NMMOMM). She has taught CME courses in manual medicine for many years and has been asked numerous times to produce a video series that focuses on the lab demonstrations of the different manual medicine techniques taught at the live courses. Dr. Murray has primarily taught manual medicine CME courses at UNECOM in Biddeford, Maine.
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE DEPARTMENT OF CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and the Maine Medical Association’s Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for medical providers. Practitioners should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity. Upon verification by the activity organizer, the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine will submit the osteopathic credits to the AOA. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the AOA Standards of Accreditation and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Essential Areas and Policies through the joint sponsorship of University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine and the T. Murray Wellness Center, Inc. UNECOM is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for medical providers.
- The following speaker of this activity has indicated that she is the creator, sponsor, and benefactor of all in this course: as well as being one of the creators of sponsor benefactor of Discover Movement membership, Patricia E Murray D.O.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]