OMM for the Neck and Tension-type Headache. Learning Objectives:
- Attendees will understand the holistic aspects of the Fascial System
- Attendees will understand the constituents of fascial anatomy
- Attendees will understand the effect of fascial patterns on posture
- Attendees will understand the effect of fascial patterns on different body systems.
- Attendees will understand that OMT has research to support its effect in treating chronic tension-type headaches.
- Attendees will review functional anatomy of upper and lower cervical complex
- Attendees will understand the effect of myofascial tissues on tension-type headaches
- Attendees will understand the Still Techniques effect on cervical somatic dysfunction
- Attendees will be introduced to self-myofascial release for the neck
- For CME’s: DO’s, MD’s and other medical providers.
- 2, 1B
Approximate time to complete the Course:
- OMM for the Neck and Tension-type Headache is 1 Hour
- This includes watching the video course, and taking the post-tests.
Requirements for CME Credits:
- Review course/videos
- Complete and pass post test with 70% or more (A maximum of 3 attempts allowed)
- Submit evaluation
- Once you have passed your test we will notify the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) of your completion of the course.
- Patricia E Murray, D.O,
- Dr. Patricia (Trish) Murray received her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree in 1999 from UNECOM. Prior to medical school she was a high school teacher for ten years. She completed an osteopathic internship in 2000 at UCONN, followed by a traditional internal medicine residency at UCONN. After residency she practiced primary care internal medicine along with Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine from 2003-2005, and then went on to become a specialist in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (NMMOMM). She has taught CME courses in manual medicine for many years and has been asked numerous times to produce a video series that focuses on the lab demonstrations of the different manual medicine techniques taught at the live courses. Dr. Murray has primarily taught manual medicine CME courses at UNECOM in Biddeford, Maine.
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE DEPARTMENT OF CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION Accreditation Language for Jointly Sponsored Manual Medicine Demo Series: OMM for the Neck and Tension-type Headache
- . The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and the Maine Medical Association’s Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for medical providers. The AOA Council on Continuing Medical Education approved this online CME activity for a maximum of 2.0 hours of AOA Category 1-B CME credits. UNECOM designates this online CME activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 2 Credit(s)TM. Practitioners should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity. Upon verification by the activity organizer, the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine will submit the osteopathic credits to the AOA. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the AOA Standards of Accreditation and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Essential Areas and Policies through the joint sponsorship of University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine and the T. Murray Wellness Center, Inc. UNECOM is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for medical providers.
- March 21, 2021
October 20, 2023
- The following speaker of this activity has indicated that she is the creator, sponsor, and benefactor of all in this course: as well as being one of the creators of sponsor benefactor of Discover Movement membership, Patricia E Murray D.O.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
*NOTE: For technical support downloading / accessing your video(s) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no reviews yet.